ENDOWMENT FUND COMMITTEE
4191 Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063
Seek the Lord – Study God’s Word – Serve the World
ENDOWMENT FUND DISTRIBUTION REQUEST
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church seeks grant proposals from not-for-profit community organizations, our own congregation, the Southwest California Synod, Lutheran World Relief and International Ministries.
Grants are available for requests that support at least one of the major grant categories of Social Ministry, Evangelism or Outreach and other ministries including support for programs, capital improvements, and student scholarships within Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church and Good Shepherd Lutheran School.
1. Grant monies are to be spent on specific ministries within the SVLC Congregation, for outreach into our community and to other communities of our state, nationally and internationally through
the serving arms of the church, including Colleges, Seminaries and related ministries.
2. Applications must include a clear plan and time line.
3. Describe the financial need for grant support.
4. State the potential for achieving the objectives.
1. Generally, grant requests relating to the support of programs and needs of Shepherd of the Valley
and the community of Simi Valley usually take precedence.
2. Requests that involve matching funds from one or more other sources.
3. National and International support for grants, although less frequently, have been awarded for
assisting Haiti earthquake relief, Lutheran World Relief for tornado recovery in Missouri and
for International Health Care Partners in Tanzania and For The Troops mailing of packages to
service personnel in war zones.
1. Application shall be submitted on the forms provided which can also be found on the Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church web site: www.svlcsimi.com.
2. When writing a grant proposal, take the time necessary to develop a realistic and clearly achievable plan.
Also indicate how your program, project or need is innovative and/or includes partnerships with other entities.
3. The Committee meets quarterly, normally January, April, July, and October. Requests must be received no
later than the end of the months prior to each scheduled quarterly committee meeting. .
4. Upon receipt of your request, you will receive an acknowledgement.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: SCOTT KALINKE, LISA GEARHART, YVONNE BAIRD, JARED SHAPIRO, RICHARD WESTERDOLL, GEORGE CARGANILLA, KELLI STEPHENS