The Samaritan Center
One of Shepherd of the Valley’s outreach programs is serving a hot meal to the homeless once a month at the Samaritan Center in Simi Valley. We serve a picnic style dinner of fried chicken, potato salad, vegetables, rolls, and cookies the first Wednesday of each month from 4:45 – 6:00. The Samaritan Center is located at 280 Royal Ave, Simi Valley. If you would like to volunteer to help with this ministry please contact Yvonne Baird at (805) 584-2521.
The Samaritan Center is dedicated to help the homeless in Simi Valley. They work with each individual to access the services.
Still Waters Cafe’
A dining service to those who are suffering economic hardship,
homelessness or who are lonely and wish to have a dining companion.
We invite you to share a free community meal every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. The cafe’ is located at 4191 Cochran Street. For more information please call 805-526-7577.
Amenities at the café:
- Mealtime is served beginning at 5:00p.m.–6:30 p.m. every Thursday.
- Fresh home cooked meal served in a family atmosphere with home style table settings.
- To go snack bags are offered.
- Highchairs and booster seats are available for the younger family members.
- There are wheelchair accessible entrances and bathrooms available.
- Prayer requests can be satisfied.
Still Waters would like to thank the SVLC Endowment Fund, ELCA (Missions and Ministries Grant), Food Share, Smart & Final and Walmart for their generous contributions.